Monday, June 23, 2008

lookee what we did......

Okay, so the other day I was feeling a little (okay, a lot) down in the dumps about my backyard right now . It is a pitiful mess of nothingness. And I just can't come up with anything on my own. I need real help! ( In more ways than one) So I just had to do something. I decided to put a flower bed out in the front. I was thinking I wanted a long, narrow bed that was just a wee bit raised up off the ground. Well, what it turned out to be was not how I envisioned it. Take a look for yourself:

Remind you of anything?


How about a freshly dug and covered grave?


I left it alone for the night, because I do, after all have a family to take care of. But ya know, it just bothered me all night long. I kept telling my man that it just looked terrible and I couldn't get the "grave" out of my head. By the time I went to bed, it was decided in my mind that I would redo it it come morning.

All my thoughts were reaffirmed in the morning when my eldest, sweet, dear daughter asks me first thing, "Mom, how does the grave look today?" I know the dear thing was trying to be nice and that a three year old really has no idea what a grave is, but I knew I had to do something. Her and I worked most of the afternoon in between snack breaks, lunch, and her sissa's nap to get the thing "fixed". What we ended up doing was this:

Doesn't it just look so much better? Oh, I was relieved to get it done. And the sweet darlin liked it much better cuz now she has her own "side" too. It may not be a well landscaped back yard, but that will come. And for now we can just look out the kitchen window and see this.

No comments: